This week has been a really busy work week – I’ve been referring to it as the #weekof3cities as I was in Manchester from Monday to Wednesday, Birmingham on Thursday, and London on Friday. Fortunately two of those cities have excellent yarn stores so I was fortunate enough to be able to visit Purl City Yarns in Manchester and Loop in London. I haven’t bought any yarn for a while (I’ve been funding my nail polish addiction!) and was worried I was beginning to lose my knitting mojo, so I thought it would be good to treat myself to some pretty yarn that inspired me to pick up knitting again. Here’s what I treated myself to:
You’ll no doubt notice a bit of a colour theme – I’m starting to realise my favourite colours for accessories tend to be pink-red-purple shades. In the photo are:
- Top left: Fyberspates Scrumptious Lace in Rose Pink. I’m not sure what I’m going to make out of this yet, probably a lace shawl or shrug
- Bottom left: Babylonglegs Perfection Lace in Decadance. I’m planning to make Rock Island out of this – it’s a lovely soft yarn and smells really nice too, very much looking forward to knitting with it
- Top right: The Uncommon Thread BFL Light DK in Ripe Plum. I fell in love with the colours of this and it’s really soft too. Probably going to make some mittens out of this.
- Middle right: DyeForYarn Merino/Silk Fingering in Rotten Berry Tart. Bit of an extravagant one this one, but I’ve used this yarn in a different shade before and absolutely loved it. I’m going to make the same shawl (Henslowe) with it as I know it works well and will be good to have one in purple.
- Bottom right: Rico Design Essentials Merino DK in Mauve. I’ve been wanting to make some Blueberry Waffle Socks in a washable yarn and this seemed perfect. I’ll only be wearing around the house so it doesn’t need to be too hard wearing so hopefully this should work OK.
It’s so nice to have some new yarn and plans – I can’t wait to get started on them. Should keep me out of trouble for a while!